GMAT Workshop Course Page
If you have any questions related to the workshop, please leave a comment below – that way once it’s answered others can benefit also.
Please bookmark this page. We’ll update this page time to time with videos and relevant content.
1. Please join by 6:55 PM.
2. Be nice, be respectful – during the sessions and in comments thread – let us try to help each other.
3. Keep discussion focussed on GMAT + MBA related things
4. Keep yourself muted unless we are having a voice discussion.
5. Add event to calendar:
6. Please go through my LinkedIn and Quora posts to understand my GMAT philosophy better.
7. Check your mic, speakers, internet connection (min. 2 Mbps).
8. Have a notebook and a pen handy.
9. We’ll be having most of our communication through email. Please ensure my email gets delivered to your primary inbox.
10. To make the most of it, be distraction-free. While you can access the workshop over a cell phone also, if you can, join using a computer.
11. While we don’t usually have power cuts where I live, in case there is one, the wifi router gets restarted until the power backup kicks in. That would mean I disappear for a minute or two. I will rejoin asap though. So, stay signed in.
The Intensive GMAT Workshop is free. However, do not mistake ‘free’ for ‘low value’. The workshop will be power-packed with things that will help you with your GMAT preparation. I’m not going to hold anything back.
Day 1: The GMAT Mindset + CR Basics
Statement: In Lalaland every man above the age of 18 can vote.
Which ALL of the following can you infer about people from Lalaland?
- Mac is 34. Therefore Mac can vote.
- No one below the age of 18 can vote.
- No man below the age of 18 can vote.
- There are possibly some men older than 18 who cannot vote.
- If someone can vote, that person must be a man above the age of 18.
- If someone cannot vote, that person must be a woman.
- If someone cannot vote, that person must be a woman, or a man who’s 18 or younger.
- Some people cannot vote.
- Most people can vote.
- Many people can vote.
- Either a person can vote, or the person is a man 18 or younger.
Statement: If it rains, I carry an umbrella.
Which ALL of the following can be inferred?
- It it doesn’t rain, I do not carry an umbrella.
- If I am carrying an umbrella, it must be raining.
- If I am not carrying an umbrella, it must not be raining.
For all drills, please answer in the comments section in this format: <Name of Drill>: <Your answer>
e.g. Inference Drill 1: 1, 5, 8.